The purpose of this policy is to ensure that Frankston Special Developmental School (FSDS):
- Enrols eligible students
- Maintains enrolment data
- Maintains a custodial role over enrolment data
This policy applies to all new and existing students.
- Only students who satisfy the enrolment criteria are eligible to attend Frankston SDS
- Eligibility is based on an IQ assessment. Students require an IQ of 50 and below
- Students enrolling in our Early Education Program require evidence to support a disability
- Proof of age is required:
- Prep entry: students must be turning five by April 30 of that year
- Early Education program: students must be 3.8 years at the beginning of the school year
- Our early education program requires a dual enrolment with Frankston City Council. Families are encouraged to register their interest in the East Karingal Kindergarten Program with both FSDS and the Council
- Families are required to complete Department of Education & Training enrolment forms which are uploaded onto CASES 21
- The school will ensure that enrolment data is maintained through the following processes:
- ensure all enrolments forms are returned and signed by families upon enrolment
- update information when changes occur
- review data half yearly, specifically parent/guardian contact information, see: CASES21 Administration User Guide for guidance including processes for generating the Student Enrolment Information Form and Student Information Full Details Report, , see: CASES21
- revised annually for State and Commonwealth reporting
- The principal will contact principals of previous schools of students seeking transfers to discuss the circumstances of the transfer; to seek a transfer note or an immunisation certificate (if enrolling), and to discuss any academic or behavioural matters. The principal has the authority to defer admission in order to arrange these matters.
- Priority for enrolments will be given to students who reside within the school’s designated transport zone. Students in our Early Education Program are not eligible for bus transport.
- Students will be allocated to classes according to a combination of class size, student’s needs and chronological age.
Links Student Engagement and Wellbeing, Statement of Values and School Philosophy
Author Assistant Principal
Reviewed June 18
School Council Approval n/a
Next review date July 22
References DET Website: Supporting Students with Additional Learning Needs